Daveed Gartenstein-Ross is available for a variety of your consulting needs. Past projects have included:
- Providing live training to federal, state, local and foreign law enforcement, as well as the U.S. military. Topics have included Introduction to Terrorism; Jihadi Ideology; Trends in Terrorism; and regional presentations (including Afghanistan, Iraq, and the Horn of Africa).
- Designing training courses, both complete courses and also specific modules, for use by U.S. government agencies.
- Expert testimony in U.S. court cases, including serving as an expert witness on country conditions in Somalia in two successful immigration cases (asylum and withholding).
- Story and series development for major media companies on topics related to terrorism, including for reporting segments that aired and for series pitches that were delivered to networks.
- Subject matter expert work related to terrorism, including serving as a consultant helping a security firm to understand an Iraqi insurgent group with which it was dealing for a live hostage negotiation; and serving as a consultant on terrorist travel patterns for a European country examining its border security.
- High-end topical research services conducted for think tanks based in New York City and Washington, D.C.
References available upon request. To contact Gartenstein-Ross for possible consulting work, e-mail him at daveed at defenddemocracy.org.